Saturday, May 19, 2007

10 Baby Steps- a look-back


It's been nearly 5 months since I took the baby steps and although the discipline of regular posting is still missing, I am happy about clocking 10 posts. I feel a few thinsg going for it are that there is an overall subject matter coherence to the blog. The OFIs are in the areas of technology, quality of writing, particularly making it a bit lighter and fun (brands are actually far more poetic and fun than my writing style suggests) and more original and provocative thinking.

But for anyone thinking/planning/mulling about blogging, only one piece of advice- 'get-on-the-court'. Read this pragmatic piece by Penelope Trunk on how to kick-off. Probably the best one I've read on the subject.

On how it feels at this juncture- well, i am a bit surprised occasionally about where my mind takes me when I actually start writing...nothing new there but definitely builds confidence. Intuitively, a few things have fallen in place in giving this blog a definitive focus and character. It has also become the number one item in google search when my name is googled (that definitely surprised me)! Should build traffic as old friends and acquaintances try to figure out what I am upto.

This entry is more like a pause for breath, just after the warm ups in an aerobics session. The game has not even started and here i am feeling a little smug about the whole thing...! ;0)